Let me start by saying that I don’t believe that screaming at children is at all the right thing to do when in anger. However, children, particularly when they are yours, can do things that may cause you to question who birthed whom. With that in mind, we must be very cautious in how we react to these precious jewels without going gray (or nuts for that matter). So here are five things to do when you feel like screaming at your kids.
1. Deep breathing techniques. If you’ve given birth, then you’re likely familiar with Lamaze breathing. Simply use the same technique, maybe even get yourself a focal point, picture, whatever works to get you through. I bet you thought labor was over when you delivered the little angel…
2. Immediately begin praising God. Clap your hands, sing “Amazing Grace,” or just quietly wave your hands in the air and thank the Lord. Not only will you get your worship time in but your children will stare at you, wide eyed, and likely back away quietly.
3. Make a “Mad” dash. I call it a mad dash because It involves running very quickly into another room to keep from really getting mad.
4. Chop vegetables. Take it out on them, celery, peppers, onions, or whatever you have. The worse thing that could happen is you’ll have them all ready for a meal when you need them.
5. Light a candle. What did you expect? I’m a candle maker. ;0)
Just a little something light hearted for you to enjoy your day.